Outfit: BLK DNM Leather Jacket – A classy yet edgy way to wear biker jackets in 2016
May I introduce to you, one of my most beloved wardrobe key styles, the BLK DNM leather jacket. Over recent years leather jackets have developed into a real must-have for every modern man. Unfortunately their emergence within the world of mainstream fashion has also unrooted the leather jacket from its anti-establishment and rock’n’roll origins. As a result, we see way to many examples of how to not wear biker jackets at the moment. While I think biker jackets are one of the most versatile pieces of clothing, it feels as if a lot of people try to follow one single misguided ideal they saw on Instagram accounts with bought likes and followers.
The Sophisticated Biker Look featuring a BLK DNM Leather Jacket
Therefore, for all of you who are fed up with these copy & paste styles here’s how you rock a leather jacket style in 2016. Classy yet edgy, sophisticated but raw:
- First of all, the most important thing is the leather jacket. On the pictures I’m wearing a BLK DNM Leather Jacket with a slightly worn-off optic. When it comes to wardrobe essentials like leather jackets I think a little investment definitely pays off. The purpose of jackets like these is to age with you and over time develop an individual character. With my BLK DNM leather jacket I think I’ve definitely invested in a piece of clothing, that will accompany me a long time and that I will also love to wear in 5 to 10 years.
- Furthermore, please guys, you don’t always have to pair biker jackets with ripped skinny jeans or a jogger pant. For a more grown-up and sophisticated style I recommend combining your leather jacket with some nice trousers instead. Also here, narrower is not always better. Go for a classic straight or loose fit for a cutting-edge high-fashion look.
- If you’ve seen enough of longline tees, I suggest to pick a simple tee that fits you well and wear it tucked into the pants. This will emphasize a sharp style and provide a contemporary fashionable look.
- It’s perfectly ok to pair a look like this with a pair of sneakers. I recommend a pair of classy white leather sneakers since they combine elegance and sportiness and work well with almost any outfit.
- Once you’ve put together the main parts of your look, round it off with some cool accessories. The time where the only accessory a man was allowed to wear was a watch are over. A nice bracelet, cuff or some chunky rings add some edge to your look and also work well with the rocky leather jacket.
- Finally, if you’re looking for other ways to style leather jackets, check out my further outfit inspirations HERE, HERE & HERE.