Headphones: Absolute Travel Essentials
Long days, perfect weather and summer vibes all over, now’s the perfect time for a city trip. I just returned from a long weekend in Porto and am already in the middle of planning some more trips for this summer. However, no matter where I go, I always have my headphones with me. Traveling is just so much better with the right soundtrack. But not all headphones are a reliable travel companion. So here are five things about headphones you should keep in mind before you buy your next pair.
Five Things to Keep in Mind when Buying Headphones
- Sound: When buying new headphones the first thing you should be after is good sound. Although tastes may vary generally speaking I’d say the more voluminous and full the sound the better. I literally want to feel the bass pumping through my body. When it comes to headphones there’s really nothing more frustrating than flat sound. Another thing you should pay attention to is that good headphones usually minimize outside noises to improve your sound experience.
- Design: Call me superficial but as a fashion- and lifestyle blogger of course design matters to me. Therefore I want my headphones to have a clean, minimalist and classic design so they match all kinds of different looks I may want to wear them with. Also I really don’t like my headphones to be too big and chunky.
- Comfort: From my experience a lot of headphones can cause irritations or pain around the ear region after wearing them for a long time. So try them on before you buy them and make sure they feel good around the ears. Quality materials, an adjustable headband and soft ear pillows are crucial here. If the headphones don’t feel right, keep looking for another model. Last but not least they shouldn’t be too heavy either.
- Robustness: Take a close look at the headphones before you buy them. Usually you can already feel if they are of poor quality and won’t last longer than half a year. Especially when traveling you need your headphones to be robust and to some extent resistent to averse influences. High quality headphones should be able to master the challenges of traveling and some adventures with you.
- Wireless: Depending on what activities you intend to use your headphones for cables can sometimes be annoying or simply disturbing. Thus personally I am a big fan of wireless headphones. However, when buying wireless headphones make sure they offer a solid battery time (I’d say at least 8 hours) and good connectivity (at least 8-10 meters).
Since several people have recently asked me which headphones I could recommend, I have to say I’m super satisfied with my current pair, the Grind Wireless Headphones by Skullcandy since they fulfill all of the criteria above and at less than 100 € they are also very reasonably priced. Hope that helps a bit and if you have further questions feel free to ask me and I’ll try to help.
Shop The Look
Headphones – Skullcandy
Sweater – Adidas x Pharrell Williams
Shorts – Zanerobe
Shades – Ace & Tate
Weekender – Skullcandy
Watch – Skagen
Bracelet & Ring – Vitaly
Cuff – Anna Inspiring Jewellery
Sneakers – Diesel